Is it possible (I know it's not required) to compile a Python program
to be stand-alone? Or is it required that Python be installed on every
machine the program runs on? I'm working with Windows machines, and
I'm writing this little script I need to have run on each machine (of
about 20) at startup - I'd prefer not to have to install Python on
each machine!

Thanks in advance...

Endgamer
Spider Warrior

(Endgamer71 at spamtrap.hotmail.com)
#####################################
Not a quote, just an on-the-spot observation:
You know you're a geek when your PC costs exactly
15 times as much as your stereo. And gives better
sound quality.<sigh>
Endgamer
#####################################

Search Discussions

  • Fredrik Lundh at Nov 9, 1999 at 2:26 pm

    Endgamer wrote:
    Is it possible (I know it's not required) to compile a Python program
    to be stand-alone? Or is it required that Python be installed on every
    machine the program runs on?
    here's one way to do it:
    http://starship.python.net/crew/gmcm/install.html

    </F>

    <!-- (the eff-bot guide to) the standard python library:
    -->
  • Frank Biringer at Nov 9, 1999 at 3:12 pm
    One possibility is the freeze-module (not shipped with Windows-version; in
    case you're using Win32 check the reeze.py from the Python source). Search
    www.python.org for 'freeze'.
    The module is a little bit tricky and you'll need a c-compiler.

    --
    Hilsen,
    _________

    Systemanalytiker Boxer Technologies AS