Thanks.

--Jeff Kunce

Search Discussions

  • Bill Tutt at Jul 16, 1999 at 7:22 am
    You can use 0 as a HWND if you don't have one.

    Bill
    From: Jeffrey Kunce [mailto:kuncej at mail.conservation.state.mo.us]

    I'd like to use win32api.ShellExecute to open a
    data file with its associated application. The help
    file says:

    int = ShellExecute( hwnd, op , file , params , dir , bShow )

    I think I understand all the parameters except:

    hwnd : int
    The handle of the parent window.

    If I am not running this from a pythonwin application, what
    do I use for hwnd and where do I get it?

    Thanks.

    --Jeff Kunce

grouppython-list @
categoriespython