win7 / py433

How to downgrade from the latest pip (7.1.2) to
the previous one?
I'm sorry, I do not remember the numerous msgs
I saw when updating. (Yesterday)

(I'm serious)

Now, what?

Search Discussions

  • Irmen de Jong at Sep 8, 2015 at 6:16 pm

    On 8-9-2015 17:54, wxjmfauth at gmail.com wrote:
    win7 / py433

    How to downgrade from the latest pip (7.1.2) to
    the previous one?
    I'm sorry, I do not remember the numerous msgs
    I saw when updating. (Yesterday)

    (I'm serious)

    Now, what?

    I think:

    $ pip install --upgrade pip==7.0.0

    would do the trick, where you substitute the required version number for 7.0.0.

    Irmen
  • Wxjmfauth at Sep 8, 2015 at 6:57 pm

    Le mardi 8 septembre 2015 20:18:20 UTC+2, Irmen de Jong a ?crit?:
    How to downgrade from the latest pip (7.1.2) to
    the previous one?
    I'm sorry, I do not remember the numerous msgs
    I saw when updating. (Yesterday)

    (I'm serious)

    Now, what?
    I think:

    $ pip install --upgrade pip==7.0.0

    would do the trick, where you substitute the required version number for 7.0.0.

    Irmen
    I will try tomorrow.
    I think my previous one (on py34) was 6.0.8
    It's what I have in

    C:\>c:\python32\scripts\pip --version
    pip 6.0.8 from c:\Python32\lib\site-packages (python 3.2)

    C:\>
  • Wxjmfauth at Sep 8, 2015 at 7:02 pm

    Le mardi 8 septembre 2015 20:18:20 UTC+2, Irmen de Jong a ?crit?:
    How to downgrade from the latest pip (7.1.2) to
    the previous one?
    I'm sorry, I do not remember the numerous msgs
    I saw when updating. (Yesterday)

    (I'm serious)

    Now, what?
    I think:

    $ pip install --upgrade pip==7.0.0

    would do the trick, where you substitute the required version number for 7.0.0.

    Irmen

    Addendum (your question)

    pip install --upgrade pip

    which probably selects the latest version
  • Wxjmfauth at Sep 9, 2015 at 9:05 am

    Le mardi 8 septembre 2015 21:02:31 UTC+2, wxjm... at gmail.com a ?crit?:
    Le mardi 8 septembre 2015 20:18:20 UTC+2, Irmen de Jong a ?crit?:
    How to downgrade from the latest pip (7.1.2) to
    the previous one?
    I'm sorry, I do not remember the numerous msgs
    I saw when updating. (Yesterday)

    (I'm serious)

    Now, what?
    I think:

    $ pip install --upgrade pip==7.0.0

    would do the trick, where you substitute the required version number for 7.0.0.

    Irmen
    Addendum (your question)
    pip install --upgrade pip
    which probably selects the latest version

    ---
    pip install --upgrade pip==6.0.8

    is indeed a valid command
    except I'm seeing the same previous mess.
  • Breamoreboy at Sep 10, 2015 at 7:39 am

    Le mardi 8 septembre 2015 20:18:20 UTC+2, Irmen de Jong a ?crit?:
    How to downgrade from the latest pip (7.1.2) to
    the previous one?
    I'm sorry, I do not remember the numerous msgs
    I saw when updating. (Yesterday)

    (I'm serious)

    Now, what?
    I think:

    $ pip install --upgrade pip==7.0.0

    would do the trick, where you substitute the required version number for 7.0.0.

    Irmen
    Addendum (your question)
    pip install --upgrade pip
    which probably selects the latest version

    ---
    pip install --upgrade pip==6.0.8
    is indeed a valid command
    except I'm seeing the same previous mess.

    The minor snag is we're not seeing your mess. However as I'm getting really good vibes from my crystal ball today, I'd guess that you're getting a known problem on Windows with a permissions error, but the pip upgrade has actually worked fine. Am I close?

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedSep 8, '15 at 3:54p
activeSep 10, '15 at 7:39a