I am running Python 3.4 on Windows 7 and is facing [Error 13] Permission Denied while installing Python packages such as SciPy, NumPy etc; here are the facts that I tried but failed:
1. I have admin privileges in my machine
2. The folder where pip/easy_install copies contents have full write for the user
3. I have tried Powershell with Unrestricted/RemoteSigned options
This is the line in *.py code that is causing exception

with open(target, 'wb') as f:
                     f.write(data)

What do I need to do to make this work? I am a windows domain user and obviously cannot run scripts with domain admin privileges.

Search Discussions

  • Laura Creighton at Sep 4, 2015 at 10:27 am
    Over in the physics lab we have a big sign, which (translated) says:
    'For windows 7, it is not enough to _be_ an admininstrator to
      install packages. When opening up the command prompt you also
      have to select the 'run as administrator' option.'

    No windows system here to test, but maybe this is your problem too.

    Laura
  • Moinakb at Sep 4, 2015 at 10:55 am

    I am running Python 3.4 on Windows 7 and is facing [Error 13] Permission Denied while installing Python packages such as SciPy, NumPy etc; here are the facts that I tried but failed:
    1. I have admin privileges in my machine
    2. The folder where pip/easy_install copies contents have full write for the user
    3. I have tried Powershell with Unrestricted/RemoteSigned options
    This is the line in *.py code that is causing exception

    with open(target, 'wb') as f:
    f.write(data)

    What do I need to do to make this work? I am a windows domain user and obviously cannot run scripts with domain admin privileges.

    And Yes, I do run command prompt with Admin privileges as well, but still it fails

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedSep 4, '15 at 9:36a
activeSep 4, '15 at 10:55a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Moinakb: 2 posts Laura Creighton: 1 post