Well I hjave certainly noted more than once that pip is cont ained in Python 3.4. But I am having the most extreme problems with simply typing "pip" into my command prompt and then getting back the normal information on pip! I have repeatedly downloaded [to my Desktop] that get-pip.py file then ran it. I even downloaded that easy-install.py and ran that but to no success! I have all of the proper env. variables set. Can someone please help me?

Search Discussions

  • Mark Lawrence at Sep 4, 2015 at 12:05 am

    Well I hjave certainly noted more than once that pip is cont ained in Python 3.4. But I am having the most extreme problems with simply typing "pip" into my command prompt and then getting back the normal information on pip! I have repeatedly downloaded [to my Desktop] that get-pip.py file then ran it. I even downloaded that easy-install.py and ran that but to no success! I have all of the proper env. variables set. Can someone please help me?

    As always my main and spare crystal balls are at the menders due to
    overwork, so I'll have to ask, what happened when you tried the 'pip',
    'get-pip.py' and 'easy-install.py' commands? What OS are you on?

    what you can do for our language.

    Mark Lawrence
  • Steve Burrus at Sep 4, 2015 at 1:04 am

    Well I hjave certainly noted more than once that pip is cont ained in Python 3.4. But I am having the most extreme problems with simply typing "pip" into my command prompt and then getting back the normal information on pip! I have repeatedly downloaded [to my Desktop] that get-pip.py file then ran it. I even downloaded that easy-install.py and ran that but to no success! I have all of the proper env. variables set. Can someone please help me?
    As always my main and spare crystal balls are at the menders due to
    overwork, so I'll have to ask, what happened when you tried the 'pip',
    'get-pip.py' and 'easy-install.py' commands? What OS are you on?

    what you can do for our language.

    Mark Lawrence

    I have tried the 'python get-pip.py' command over amnd over again in my command prompt and the 'python easy-install.py" command a little less. I swear I have set ALL of the env. variables correctly! My OS is Windows 10 Beta Preview Build 10074.
  • MRAB at Sep 4, 2015 at 1:44 am

[...]

    If you have Python 3.4, then you already have pip. It's in the
    "Scripts" subfolder of the Python 3.4 folder.
  • Chris Angelico at Sep 4, 2015 at 1:55 am