I'm looking for people's experiences with the different ways to send
push notifications to mobile devices. I have an app that will be
running on Amazon, so I can use their SNS API or I can do it myself.
From googling there appear to be a few different packages but PyAPNs
and python-gcm seem to be the most popular. And for interfacing to SNS
boto seems to be the choice. Anyone here used any of these or other
packages?

Search Discussions

  • Laura Creighton at Sep 3, 2015 at 12:54 pm

    I'm looking for people's experiences with the different ways to send
    push notifications to mobile devices. I have an app that will be
    running on Amazon, so I can use their SNS API or I can do it myself.
    From googling there appear to be a few different packages but PyAPNs
    and python-gcm seem to be the most popular. And for interfacing to SNS
    boto seems to be the choice. Anyone here used any of these or other
    packages?

    You might want to try this question on the very quiet, but not dead
    yet https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/mobile-sig/

    Laura
  • Larry Martell at Sep 3, 2015 at 3:54 pm

    I'm looking for people's experiences with the different ways to send
    push notifications to mobile devices. I have an app that will be
    running on Amazon, so I can use their SNS API or I can do it myself.
    From googling there appear to be a few different packages but PyAPNs
    and python-gcm seem to be the most popular. And for interfacing to SNS
    boto seems to be the choice. Anyone here used any of these or other
    packages?
    You might want to try this question on the very quiet, but not dead
    yet https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/mobile-sig/

    Will do. Thanks.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedSep 3, '15 at 12:30p
activeSep 3, '15 at 3:54p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Larry Martell: 2 posts Laura Creighton: 1 post