Where are the error messages stored? E. g., in which (source code) file is the message "NameError: name 'sdfe' is not defined" stored (except for variable arguments like "sdfe")? I do know that I can throw exceptions for myself, but this question came to my mind in thinking about translating the error messages to improve Python's learning curve for newbies.
Additionally, I would be grateful if you would give to me the file name (e. g. in hg.python.org) which is the Interpreter's first piece of source code which deals with the error strings.

Many thanks in advance!

Search Discussions

  • Ian Kelly at Sep 2, 2015 at 9:23 pm

    Where are the error messages stored? E. g., in which (source code) file is the message "NameError: name 'sdfe' is not defined" stored (except for variable arguments like "sdfe")? I do know that I can throw exceptions for myself, but this question came to my mind in thinking about translating the error messages to improve Python's learning curve for newbies.

    Grepping the source turns up this:

    https://hg.python.org/cpython/file/tip/Python/ceval.c#l150

    Additionally, I would be grateful if you would give to me the file name (e. g. in hg.python.org) which is the Interpreter's first piece of source code which deals with the error strings.

    What do you mean by "first"? I don't think the error messages are
    centralized anywhere.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedSep 2, '15 at 7:30p