Hello everybody!

We (Glade Developers) are conducting a user survey which will help us take
informed decisions to improve the overall developer experience.

So please take a few minutes to complete the survey, we appreciate it!

https://glade.gnome.org/registration.html

Cheers

  Juan Pablo, on behalf of the Glade team

What is Glade?

Glade is a RAD tool to enable quick & easy development of user
interfaces for the GTK+ [1] toolkit and the GNOME [2] desktop
environment.

The user interfaces designed in Glade are saved as XML, and by using the
GtkBuilder [3] GTK+ object these can be loaded by applications
dynamically as needed.

By using GtkBuilder, Glade XML files can be used in numerous programming
languages [4] including C, C++, C#, Vala, Java, Perl, Python,and others.

Glade is Free Software released under the GNU GPL License [5]

[1] http://www.gtk.org/
[2] http://www.gnome.org/
[3] http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkBuilder.html
[4] http://www.gtk.org/language-bindings.php
[5] http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl.html

Search Discussions

  • Gene Heskett at Nov 18, 2013 at 9:04 pm

    On Monday 18 November 2013 16:04:14 Juan Pablo Ugarte did opine:

    Hello everybody!

    We (Glade Developers) are conducting a user survey which will help us
    take informed decisions to improve the overall developer experience.

    So please take a few minutes to complete the survey, we appreciate it!

    https://glade.gnome.org/registration.html

    Your certificate for https is invalid. So I won't.

[...]

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

    Communicate! It can't make things any worse.
              law-abiding citizens.
  • Chris Angelico at Nov 18, 2013 at 11:31 pm

    On Monday 18 November 2013 16:04:14 Juan Pablo Ugarte did opine:
    Hello everybody!

    We (Glade Developers) are conducting a user survey which will help us
    take informed decisions to improve the overall developer experience.

    So please take a few minutes to complete the survey, we appreciate it!

    https://glade.gnome.org/registration.html
    Your certificate for https is invalid. So I won't.

    Invalid in what way? It looks fine to me. Or is it that you don't
    trust its signer?

    ChrisA
  • Gene Heskett at Nov 19, 2013 at 2:12 am

    On Monday 18 November 2013 20:43:24 Chris Angelico did opine:

    On Monday 18 November 2013 16:04:14 Juan Pablo Ugarte did opine:
    Hello everybody!

    We (Glade Developers) are conducting a user survey which will help us
    take informed decisions to improve the overall developer experience.

    So please take a few minutes to complete the survey, we appreciate
    it!

    https://glade.gnome.org/registration.html
    Your certificate for https is invalid. So I won't.
    Invalid in what way? It looks fine to me. Or is it that you don't
    trust its signer?

    ChrisA

    Firefox barked at me. So I backed away. And now it works. Phase of moon
    sensitive? Chew in wrong side of mouth? Or you fixed it. :)

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

    If you give Congress a chance to vote on both sides of an issue, it
    will always do it.
       -- Les Aspin, D., Wisconsin
              law-abiding citizens.
  • Juan Pablo Ugarte at Nov 19, 2013 at 3:28 pm
    Invalid in what way? It looks fine to me. Or is it that you don't
    trust its signer?

    ChrisA
    Firefox barked at me. So I backed away. And now it works. Phase of moon
    sensitive? Chew in wrong side of mouth? Or you fixed it. :)

    :) I did not fix anything, do you remember the exact warning?

    cheers

    JP
  • Gene Heskett at Nov 19, 2013 at 3:57 pm

    On Tuesday 19 November 2013 10:56:49 Juan Pablo Ugarte did opine:

    Invalid in what way? It looks fine to me. Or is it that you don't
    trust its signer?

    ChrisA
    Firefox barked at me. So I backed away. And now it works. Phase of
    moon sensitive? Chew in wrong side of mouth? Or you fixed it. :)
    :
    :) I did not fix anything, do you remember the exact warning?
    Something about an expired certificate, but not the exact message. Sorry.

    cheers

    JP

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

    In Nature there are neither rewards nor punishments, there are
    consequences.
       -- R. G. Ingersoll
              law-abiding citizens.
  • Travis Griggs at Nov 20, 2013 at 6:55 am
    OSX (Mavericks) has python2.7 stock installed. But I do all my own personal python stuff with 3.3. I just flushed my 3.3.2 install and installed the new 3.3.3. So I need to install pyserial again. I can do it the way I've done it before, which is:

    Download pyserial from pypi
    untar pyserial.tgz
    cd pyserial
    python3 setup.py install
    But I'd like to do like the cool kids do, and just do something like pip3 install pyserial. But it's not clear how I get to that point. And just that point. Not interested (unless I have to be) in virtualenv yet.
    -------------- next part --------------
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Ned Deily at Nov 20, 2013 at 7:27 am
    In article <6856a21c-57e8-4cdd-a9e8-5dd738c368a5@gmail.com>,
      Travis Griggs wrote:

    OSX (Mavericks) has python2.7 stock installed. But I do all my own personal
    python stuff with 3.3. I just flushed my 3.3.2 install and installed the new
    3.3.3. So I need to install pyserial again. I can do it the way I've done it
    before, which is:

    Download pyserial from pypi
    untar pyserial.tgz
    cd pyserial
    python3 setup.py install
    But I'd like to do like the cool kids do, and just do something like pip3
    install pyserial. But it's not clear how I get to that point. And just that
    point. Not interested (unless I have to be) in virtualenv
    yet.---------------------------------------------------------------------

    http://www.pip-installer.org/en/latest/installing.html

    # download and install setuptools
    curl -O https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/raw/bootstrap/ez_setup.py
    python3 ez_setup.py
    # download and install pip
    curl -O https://raw.github.com/pypa/pip/master/contrib/get-pip.py
    python3 get-pip.py
    # use pip to install
    python3 -m pip install pyserial
    # Don't want it?
    python3 -m pip uninstall pyserial

    --
      Ned Deily,

    nad at acm.org

    Ned,

    Thank you! Belatedly. I?ve had some fires to put out at work. And have gotten back to this, and this is exactly what I was looking for. I added the additional step of:

    cd /usr/local/bin
    ln -s ../../../Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.3/bin/pip pip

    Works, like a charm.

    (aside. I do not use GoogleGroups, but have been accused of somehow sending email that looks like I do. Does this email look like that?)
  • Craig Yoshioka at Nov 20, 2013 at 8:41 am
    Mavericks? Homebrew all the way.

    Google Homebrew and install it
    brew install python3
    pip3 install pyserial