I got an odd message this morning from the list telling me that my
account was de-activated due to excessive bounces. I've only sent a
handful of messages to this board, but do read an awful lot of the posts
in order to learn more about the language. The message also listed my
account password, which I found odd. Has anyone else received a message
like this?

--
Regards

Jack
Boston Tea Party, Coercive Acts, Powder Alarm, Revolution
Lessons (Mistakes) not learned are bound to be repeated.

Search Discussions

  • Joel Goldstick at Nov 14, 2013 at 1:55 pm

    I got an odd message this morning from the list telling me that my
    account was de-activated due to excessive bounces. I've only sent a
    handful of messages to this board, but do read an awful lot of the posts
    in order to learn more about the language. The message also listed my
    account password, which I found odd. Has anyone else received a message
    like this?

    --
    Regards

    Jack
    Boston Tea Party, Coercive Acts, Powder Alarm, Revolution
    Lessons (Mistakes) not learned are bound to be repeated.

    I got the same message. It hasn't happened to me lately but I think
    this also happened maybe a couple of years ago.

    --
    Joel Goldstick
    http://joelgoldstick.com

    I got an odd message this morning from the list telling me that my
    account was de-activated due to excessive bounces. I've only sent a
    handful of messages to this board, but do read an awful lot of the posts
    in order to learn more about the language. The message also listed my
    account password, which I found odd. Has anyone else received a message
    like this?

    Yes, I did too. I don't think it has anything to do with the number of
    posts you make; it'll be to do with the number that get sent to you,
    and it looks like it may be something to do with gmail. I tossed an
    email to the list-owner address and it's being looked into; you'll
    probably need to mark your address as active again. (In case you
    haven't yet done that, I'm doing something I almost never do and
    including the OP in the To: list. Please don't take this as a
    precedent; normally, just reply to the list and let the sender get a
    copy through that.)

    ChrisA
  • Roy Smith at Nov 14, 2013 at 2:11 pm
    In article <mailman.2591.1384437196.18130.python-list@python.org>,