Hey everyone,

I know, it's been several years since I announced anything on these lists,
but I suspect that some of you may have uses for my new package, so here
you go.

The "rom" package is a Redis object mapper for Python. It sports an
interface similar to Django's ORM, SQLAlchemy + Elixir, or Appengine's
datastore.

This is the initial release, so there may be some rough edges. I've
included the basic intro for the package below. You can find the package at:
https://www.github.com/josiahcarlson/rom
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/rom

Please CC me on any replies if you have any questions or comments.

Thank you,
- Josiah

What's new?
==========

Everything

What
====

Rom is a package whose purpose is to offer active-record style data modeling
within Redis from Python, similar to the semantics of Django ORM,
SQLAlchemy +
Elixir, Google's Appengine datastore, and others.

Why
===

I was building a personal project, wanted to use Redis to store some of my
data, but didn't want to hack it poorly. I looked at the existing Redis
object
mappers available in Python, but didn't like the features and functionality
offered.

What is available

Data types:

* Strings, ints, floats, decimals
* Json columns (for nested structures)
* OneToMany and ManyToOne columns (for model references)

* Numeric range fetches, searches, and ordering
* Full-word text search (find me entries with col X having words A and B)

Other features:

* Per-thread entity cache (to minimize round-trips, easy saving of all
entities)