Greetings,

I'm trying to run a simple Tkinter program that opens a program when you click a button. The code is listed below. I use a command to call a program that then calls a fortran program. However, when I click on the button, it opens the program but the menu of the program i'm calling goes into an infinite loop......the offending code seems to be in the button1Click module.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

from Tkinter import *
import os, sys
from win32com.client import Dispatch
xlApp=Dispatch('Excel.Application')
_PSSBINPATH=r"C:\Program Files\PTI\PSSE32\PSSBIN"
os.environ['PATH']=_PSSBINPATH+';'+os.environ['PATH']
sys.path.insert(0,_PSSBINPATH)
import redirect; redirect.psse2py()
import psspy

class MyApp:
def __init__(self, parent):
self.myParent = parent ### (7) remember my parent, the root
self.myContainer1 = Frame(parent)
self.myContainer1.pack()

self.button1 = Button(self.myContainer1)
self.button1.configure(text="OK", background= "green")
self.button1.pack(side=LEFT)
self.button1.bind("<Button-1>", self.button1Click) ### (1)

self.button2 = Button(self.myContainer1)
self.button2.configure(text="Cancel", background="red")
self.button2.pack(side=RIGHT)
self.button2.bind("<Button-1>", self.button2Click) ### (2)

def button1Click(self,event): ### (3)
psspy.runiplanfile(r"C:\MNTACT\Contingency Program\work\contingency-31-4.irf")
if self.button1["background"] == "green": ### (4)
self.button1["background"] = "yellow"
else:
self.button1["background"] = "green"

def button2Click(self, event): ### (5)
self.myParent.destroy() ### (6)

root = Tk()
myapp = MyApp(root)
root.mainloop()

Search Discussions

  • MRAB at Mar 8, 2013 at 4:12 pm

    I'm trying to run a simple Tkinter program that opens a program when
    you click a button. The code is listed below. I use a command to
    call a program that then calls a fortran program. However, when I
    click on the button, it opens the program but the menu of the program
    i'm calling goes into an infinite loop......the offending code seems
    to be in the button1Click module.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    You say "the menu *of the program i'm calling* goes into an infinite
    loop" (my emphasis), so perhaps the problem isn't in _your_ code.

    Try something simpler like this:

    import psspy

    psspy.runiplanfile(r"C:\MNTACT\Contingency
    Program\work\contingency-31-4.irf")

    Does the program you're calling still go into an infinite loop?

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedMar 8, '13 at 2:04p
activeMar 8, '13 at 4:12p