Sean Wolfe <ether.joe at gmail.com> writes:

I'm a somewhat-satisfied openoffice.org user.
You may know about the change of focus in recent months to LibreOffice
<URL:https://www.libreoffice.org/>. The Document Foundation is where the
majority of the project's institutional knowledge, development effort,
open collaboration, and all actual released software over the last year
now reside.
I mean it works, but if it weren't in Java I'd be doing some of my own
tweaking. But since it's in Java I stay away... no likey.
LibreOffice supports scripting with several languages, including Python
<URL:http://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Scripting>.

Extensions can also be written in Python, using the UNO runtime API
<URL:http://api.libreoffice.org/>.

--
\ ?Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?? ?Well, I think |
`\ so, Brain, but ?apply North Pole? to what?? ?_Pinky and The |

Search Discussions

  • Terry Reedy at Jan 11, 2012 at 12:04 am