I'm after an application for managing Contacts (i.e. an Address Book)
and as I suspect I will want to 'tune' it a bit Python would be my
preferred language.

So far I have found :-

pycocuma - reasonable but rather old and a bit clunky (uses TCL/Tk)
pyaddressbook - newer but very minimal

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'd prefer an application
which uses vCards as its native data storage format but that's not
vital and I'd also like to have a GUI but again that's not vital, a
well designed curses/terminal application would be OK too.

--
Chris Green

Search Discussions

  • Alec Taylor at Dec 9, 2011 at 3:12 pm
    Wammu?
    I'm after an application for managing Contacts (i.e. an Address Book)
    and as I suspect I will want to 'tune' it a bit Python would be my
    preferred language.

    So far I have found :-

    ? ?pycocuma - reasonable but rather old and a bit clunky (uses TCL/Tk)
    ? ?pyaddressbook - newer but very minimal

    Does anyone have any other suggestions? ?I'd prefer an application
    which uses vCards as its native data storage format but that's not
    vital and I'd also like to have a GUI but again that's not vital, a
    well designed curses/terminal application would be OK too.

    --
    Chris Green
  • Tinnews at Dec 9, 2011 at 4:59 pm

    Alec Taylor wrote:
    Wammu?
    I hadn't really considered gammu/wammu as I saw it as a mobile phone
    synchrinsation tool, but I've looked a bit harder and it might very
    well be what I need - thank you!
    I'm after an application for managing Contacts (i.e. an Address Book)
    and as I suspect I will want to 'tune' it a bit Python would be my
    preferred language.

    So far I have found :-

    ? ?pycocuma - reasonable but rather old and a bit clunky (uses TCL/Tk)
    ? ?pyaddressbook - newer but very minimal

    Does anyone have any other suggestions? ?I'd prefer an application
    which uses vCards as its native data storage format but that's not
    vital and I'd also like to have a GUI but again that's not vital, a
    well designed curses/terminal application would be OK too.

    --
    Chris Green
    Chris Green
  • Tinnews at Dec 9, 2011 at 10:06 pm

    tinnews at isbd.co.uk wrote:
    Alec Taylor wrote:
    Wammu?
    I hadn't really considered gammu/wammu as I saw it as a mobile phone
    synchrinsation tool, but I've looked a bit harder and it might very
    well be what I need - thank you!
    Well one problem with wammu is that you can't do anything with the
    program unless there's a phone connected.

    --
    Chris Green

grouppython-list @
categoriespython