I'd like to evaluate the recent build of PyPy on the project I'm
currently working on, but am not sure how best to go about it. So my
question is simply - how would I go about installing PyPy alongside
Python 2.7 on Windows? In particular, unzipping PyPy and adding it to
the PATH is easy enough, but what about getting setuptools and
easy_setup working to install various packages for it? Is there a
virtualenv-based method I can use here? (And is pip a decent
replacement for setuptools on Windows yet?)

--
Ben Sizer

Search Discussions

  • Cjrh at Jul 13, 2011 at 6:29 am
    You can just extract the windows pypy 1.5 distribution to any folder and run "pypy.exe" from there as if it was called "python.exe". This is how I have been using it. In fact, pypy has been the default python for my portable eclipse for a good while now.
  • Ben Sizer at Jul 13, 2011 at 7:21 pm