the list generated by numpy is of form [ a+bi, c+di, ...]

could anybody tell me the meaning of the coefficients a and b? I am
very confused about fourier transform!

information provided by numpy reference says Ak = Sum of a[m] *
exp{-2*pi * i * m * k / n} for m from 0 to n-1

Which part is a and which part is b and what is the meaning of each
part?

Thx in adv.

Search Discussions

  • Corey Richardson at Jul 9, 2011 at 12:52 am

    Excerpts from Joey's message of Fri Jul 08 20:14:29 -0400 2011:
    the list generated by numpy is of form [ a+bi, c+di, ...]

    could anybody tell me the meaning of the coefficients a and b? I am
    very confused about fourier transform!
    a+bi is a typical complex number. a is the real part, b is the imaginary.
    Python uses j,
    4+5j
    (4+5j)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_number
    http://docs.python.org/library/stdtypes.html#typesnumeric
    --
    Corey Richardson
    "Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves"