Pydev 2.2.0 has been released
Details on Pydev: http://pydev.org
Details on its development: http://pydev.blogspot.com
* Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo) is now supported.
**Break on Exceptions**
* It's now possible to **break on caught exceptions** in the debugger.
* There's an UI to break on caught or uncaught exceptions (menu: Run
Manage Python Exception Breakpoints).**Hierarchy view**
* UI improved (now only uses SWT -- access through F4 with the
cursor over a class).
* PyDev now supports PyPy (can be configured as a regular Python interpreter).
* Django configuration in project properties page (improved UI for
configuration of the django manage.py and django settings module).
* Improved support for debugging Django with autoreload. Details at:
* Fixed issue where a resolution of a token did not properly
consider a try..except ImportError (always went for the first match).
* Fixed issue with relative import with wildcards.
* Fixed issue with relative import with alias.
* Fixed issue where binary files would be wrongly parsed (ended up
generating errors in the error log).
* Improved sorting of proposals (__*__ come at last)
* Improved ctrl+1 quick fix with local import.
* Fixed issue running with py.test.
* PyDev test runner working properly with unittest2.
* Fixed compatibility issue with eclipse 3.2.
* No longer sorting libraries when adding interpreter/added option
to select all not in workspace.
* Fixed deadlock in the debugger when dealing with multiple threads.
* Fixed debugger issue (dictionary changing size during thread
creation/removal on python 3.x).
What is PyDev?
PyDev is a plugin that enables users to use Eclipse for Python, Jython
and IronPython development -- making Eclipse a first class Python IDE
-- It comes with many goodies such as code completion, syntax
highlighting, syntax analysis, refactor, debug and many others.