Hello all,
I guess the subject line says it all.
I want to package a python app to deb.
I have 3 interesting issues with it.
1, I would want it to run on Ubuntu 10.04, Ubuntu 10.10, Ubuntu 11.04
and Debian 5.
2, the package depends on another python package which is also distutil
based.
3, The second package needs to run in a virtual environment.
This means that I not only have to figure out the dependencies but also
have the deb to include a script to get the virtual environment script,
then create one for the package, then download all dependencies (Pylons
0.9.7 in this case along with report lab) and finally put the package
into this virtual environment.
Is this all possible?
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.

Search Discussions

  • Thomas Jollans at Jul 5, 2011 at 2:49 pm

    1, I would want it to run on Ubuntu 10.04, Ubuntu 10.10, Ubuntu 11.04
    and Debian 5.
    2, the package depends on another python package which is also distutil
    based.
    3, The second package needs to run in a virtual environment.
    This means that I not only have to figure out the dependencies but also
    have the deb to include a script to get the virtual environment script,
    then create one for the package, then download all dependencies (Pylons
    0.9.7 in this case along with report lab) and finally put the package
    into this virtual environment.
    Is this all possible?
    Yes, it is possible. Refer to <http://www.debian.org/devel/>,
    particularly the New Maintainer's Guide:
    <http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/>

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJun 26, '11 at 5:59p
activeJul 5, '11 at 2:49p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

hackingKK: 1 post Thomas Jollans: 1 post