Hello Pythoneers and Pythonistas,

I'm happy to announce the final release of Python 2.6.7.

Python 2.6 is in security-fix only mode. This means that general bug
maintenance has ended, and only critical security issues are being fixed.
We will support Python 2.6 in security-fix only mode until October 2013.
Also, this is a source-only release; no installers for Windows or Mac OS X
will be provided.

Please download the source from:

http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.7/

The NEWS file contains the list of changes since 2.6.6:

http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.7/NEWS.txt

Many thanks go out to the entire Python community for their contributions and
help in making Python 2.6.7 available.

Enjoy,
-Barry
(on behalf of the Python development community)