Hello all. I have Python 2.71 installed on my Windows 7 laptop and it
runs fine. I was having a problem with Python 3.2, 32bit, not starting
with an error message saying this application has quit abnormally.
That was fixed when I took the PYTHONPATH statement out of my
environment variables. However, now when I try to start Idle, I can
see some hard drive activity, but Idle for Python 3.2 does not start;
nothing happens. Any clues as to the problem here?

Search Discussions

  • Terry Reedy at May 24, 2011 at 4:50 pm

    Hello all. I have Python 2.71 installed on my Windows 7 laptop and it
    runs fine. I was having a problem with Python 3.2, 32bit, not starting
    with an error message saying this application has quit abnormally.
    That was fixed when I took the PYTHONPATH statement out of my
    environment variables. However, now when I try to start Idle, I can
    see some hard drive activity, but Idle for Python 3.2 does not start;
    nothing happens. Any clues as to the problem here?
    How do you try to start it?

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
  • Markrrivet at May 24, 2011 at 8:12 pm