I am new to python and so I decided to use python 3.2
But, if I found out correctly, the are no working modules concerning
Excel and dBase for this python version.
Did I only misunderstand anything or is this right? I tried to download
and use pydbf and pyexcelerator but both gave me an syntax error inside
the modules and I somewhere read, that both modules only exist for
version 2.X

Is there a way for me to use them anyway or do I have to change to any
2.X- Version? If last, which should I install?

Thanks in advance
Andreas

remark: My task is to compare 2 directories incl. subdirs containing
dBase- Files and find out differencers in FileNames and FileStructures.
Up t now I devided it into 3 lists: OnlyInDir1, OnlyInDir2 and
InBothDirs. Next step is to put it into an Excel- File with 3
worksheets. If this would be impossible, so I could save this in any
other way. But I really need a module that handles dBase- files to
compare Structures of files with equal names.

My Code up to now is something like
import os
dirV1 = "C:\Path1"
dirV2 = "C:\Path2"

anzL1=0
listV1 = []
for root, dirs, files in os.walk(dirV1):
for file in files:
myFile=os.path.join(root[len(dirV1):], file)
listV1.append(myFile)
anzL1=anzL1+1
print(anzL1)
anzL2=0
anzLG=0
listV2 = []
listGem = []
for root, dirs, files in os.walk(dirV2):
for file in files:
myFile=os.path.join(root[len(dirV2):], file)
try:
listV1.index(myFile)
listV1.remove(myFile)
listGem.append(myFile)
anzL1=anzL1-1
anzLG=anzLG+1
except ValueError:
listV2.append(myFile)
anzL2=anzL2+1

print(anzL1)
print(anzLG)
print(anzL2)

--
wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedMay 17, '11 at 2:40p
activeMay 17, '11 at 2:40p