From: hamed3099 at hotmail.com
To: webmaster at python.org
Subject: help please
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 13:20:22 +0430

hi dearinwant to useautomation with catiaby python,but i dont know,how do we can creat catsafearrayvariant in python?please help me.i need urhelp by one example.thank u forany thing
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Gabriel Genellina at May 17, 2011 at 12:17 pm
    En Tue, 17 May 2011 06:43:51 -0300, hamed azarkeshb
    <hamed3099 at hotmail.com> escribi?:
    hi dearinwant to useautomation with catiaby python,but i dont know,how
    do we can creat catsafearrayvariant in python?please help me.i need
    urhelp by one example.thank u forany thing
    There are two sides when you want to use automation with Python:

    * learn how to do automation by itself, how COM works, how to invoke a COM
    server from Python. This is mostly application-independent. A good
    resource is "Python Programming in Win32" book by Mark Hammond. Chapter 5
    "Introduction to COM" is exactly what you need, and is available for
    preview in Google Books:
    http://books.google.com.ar/books?id=fzUCGtyg0MMC&lpg=PA65&pg=PA65#v=onepage&f=false

    * learn how to use the actual objects exposed by the desired application.
    Usually, documentation is available for VBA or other languages, but can be
    easily translated into Python terms.

    So I'd say you first read the book, then search the documentation about
    CATSafeArrayVariant and see how to create it, and then translate that into
    Python. Feel free to post any problem you encounter, a better place would
    be the python-win32 list:

    Good luck!
    --
    Gabriel Genellina
  • Littlefield, Tyler at May 17, 2011 at 4:18 pm
    inwant to useautomation with catiaby python,but i dont know,h*ow do we
    can creat catsafearrayvariant in python?*
    please help me.i need urhelp by one example.
    thank u forany thing

    --

    Take care,
    Ty