Is there any Python library for interactive drawing? I've done
some googling but most searches for "drawing" lead me to libraries for
programmatic creation of shapes on some GUI canvas. I'm looking for GUI
widgets that allow the user to draw with the mouse, like a paint
program, and let me get info about the drawing as its made (get color at
mouse location, etc.). I'd prefer a wxPython solution, although any
Python solution would be better than none.

--OKB (not okblacke)
Brendan Barnwell
no path, and leave a trail."
--author unknown

Search Discussions

  • Rafael Durán Castañeda at May 15, 2011 at 8:37 am

    Is there any Python library for interactive drawing? I've done
    some googling but most searches for "drawing" lead me to libraries for
    programmatic creation of shapes on some GUI canvas. I'm looking for GUI
    widgets that allow the user to draw with the mouse, like a paint
    program, and let me get info about the drawing as its made (get color at
    mouse location, etc.). I'd prefer a wxPython solution, although any
    Python solution would be better than none.

    Thanks,
    I'm not suere, but I think you should be able to do that using PyQt
    QPaintDevice.
  • Wojtek Mamrak at May 15, 2011 at 8:47 am
    Yes, it is possible with use of PyQt.