I', having trouble with scipy. I have followed the instructions at
scipy website and have installed the following on my mac osx 10.6.6

NumPy version 1.5.1
NumPy is installed in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/
2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/numpy
SciPy version 0.8.0
SciPy is installed in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/
2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy
Python version 2.6.6 (r266:84374, Aug 31 2010, 11:00:51) [GCC 4.0.1
(Apple Inc. build 5493)]
nose version 1.0.0

When I run the test scipy.test('1','10')

some items seem to pass:

test_streams.test_make_stream(True,) ... ok

Some tests seem to be skipped:

nose.selector: INFO: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/
lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/io/matlab/mio5_utils.so is
executable; skipped

some seem to fail:
/Users/user/.python26_compiled/m7/module_multi_function.cpp:13:19:
error: complex: No such file or directory

and

=====================================================================ERROR: test_string_and_int (test_ext_tools.TestExtModule)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/
python2.6/site-packages/scipy/weave/tests/test_ext_tools.py", line 72,
in test_string_and_int
mod.compile(location = build_dir)
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/
python2.6/site-packages/scipy/weave/ext_tools.py", line 367, in
compile
verbose = verbose, **kw)
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/
python2.6/site-packages/scipy/weave/build_tools.py", line 273, in
build_extension
setup(name = module_name, ext_modules = [ext],verbose=verb)
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/
python2.6/site-packages/numpy/distutils/core.py", line 186, in setup
return old_setup(**new_attr)
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/
python2.6/distutils/core.py", line 169, in setup
raise SystemExit, "error: " + str(msg)
CompileError: error: Command "c++ -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -
dynamic -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch ppc -arch i386
-g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/
2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/weave -I/Library/Frameworks/
Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/weave/
scxx -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/
site-packages/numpy/core/include -I/Library/Frameworks/
Python.framework/Versions/2.6/include/python2.6 -c /Library/Frameworks/
Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/weave/
scxx/weave_imp.cpp -o /var/folders/4b/4bhByeH9HSuDIezfnSZ6G++++TI/-
Tmp-/user/python26_intermediate/
compiler_7ca1591dfd3261e140e707030a00840e/Library/Frameworks/
Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/weave/
scxx/weave_imp.o" failed with exit status 1

with the final result being:

FAILED (KNOWNFAIL, SKIP@, errors$2, failures=2)
<nose.result.TextTestResult runR82 errors$2 failures=2>

I'm assuming I have the wrong version of something, would that be
right?
Does anyone know how I can fix this?

thanks,
Peter

Search Discussions

  • Terry Reedy at May 8, 2011 at 11:29 pm

    If you do not get an answer here, try the scipy list where scipy experts
    hang out. You might also try searching the archives of that list or the
    scipy bug tracker.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
  • Pb at May 9, 2011 at 8:35 am

    If you do not get an answer here, try the scipy list where scipy experts
    hang out. You might also try searching the archives of that list or the
    scipy bug tracker.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
    Peter
  • Robert Kern at May 9, 2011 at 2:34 pm

    If you do not get an answer here, try the scipy list where scipy experts
    hang out. You might also try searching the archives of that list or the
    scipy bug tracker.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy

    Robert Kern