Hello All,
in my specific problem I will be happy of a response where possible
to:

1. distinguish different operating systems of answering nodes
2. collect responses of Wyse thin-clients with "Thin OS" to get node
name and MAC address in particular

Thanks a lot in advance for any sharing / forward to documentation,
products in the area.

KR Aldo

Search Discussions

  • Frankcui at Apr 15, 2011 at 9:54 am

    in my specific problem I will be happy of a response where possible
    to:

    1. distinguish different operating systems of answering nodes
    2. collect responses of Wyse thin-clients with "Thin OS" to get node
    name and MAC address in particular

    Thanks a lot in advance for any sharing / forward to documentation,
    products in the area.

    KR Aldo
    I think for your interest, if what you described is not a part of your
    software you are doing but only a specific task, you could use some
    network scanning tools like nmap to achieve your goals.

    there is also a module called pysnmp and you can look into it to see if
    it meets your need.

    frank
  • Aldo Ceccarelli at Apr 15, 2011 at 10:22 am

    On 04/15/2011 05:00 PM, Aldo Ceccarelli wrote:> Hello All,
    in my specific problem I will be happy of a response where possible
    to:
    1. distinguish different operating systems of answering nodes
    2. collect responses of Wyse thin-clients with "Thin OS" to get node
    name and MAC address in particular
    Thanks a lot in advance for any sharing / forward to documentation,
    products in the area.
    KR Aldo
    I think for your interest, if what you described is not a part of your
    software you are doing but only a specific task, you could use some
    network scanning tools like nmap to achieve your goals.

    there is also a module called pysnmp and you can look into it to see if
    it meets your need.

    frank
    Thanks Frank! I've browsed pysnmp as you kindly adviced, now looking
    also into http://pynetsnmp.sourceforge.net/
    KR Aldo
  • Rusi at Apr 17, 2011 at 4:38 am

[...]
    This is 6-7 year old stale memory (and dont want to start a flame war
    but...)
    Last I looked at the snmp modules in python I vaguely remember that
    the perl modules were so much more feature complete that I had to
    switch to perl even though I am generally uncomfortable with perl.
  • Verde Denim at Apr 15, 2011 at 3:06 pm