Hello everyone,

I'm running into a problem with file names containing
Unicode chars.

Here is the error that I get when calling os.path.isfile:

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/genericpath.py", line 29, in isfile
st = os.stat(path)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in
position 38-41: ordinal not in range(128)

I'm working with python2.6, Ubuntu 10.10 running Gnome.

The interesting thing is that I do not get this error when
running the command in the python interpreter (with the same
filename).

Only when I do it through the application I developed.
Shouldn't os module not be using the system locale in both
cases?

I tried setting the locale to en_US.UTF-8 but to no avail.

Thank you,

Sandy

grouppython-list @
categoriespython