The windows msi install fails saying there is no python install found
in the registry. Is there a workaround for this? Can I edit the
registry and manually enter the information?

I am running Python 2.71

There is no traceback, the installation fails immediately

Search Discussions

  • Littlefield, Tyler at Mar 21, 2011 at 1:06 am

    The windows msi install fails saying there is no python install found
    in the registry. Is there a workaround for this? Can I edit the
    registry and manually enter the information?
    I've came to realize that the 64-bit version of python does not work
    with 32-bit modules in terms of the installer because the key doesn't
    exist. Just grab the 32-bit python and you're set with modules.
  • Terry Reedy at Mar 21, 2011 at 1:09 am

    The windows msi install fails saying there is no python install found
    in the registry. Is there a workaround for this? Can I edit the
    registry and manually enter the information?

    I am running Python 2.71

    There is no traceback, the installation fails immediately
    Assuming your 2.7.1 was installed normally, with the CPython .msi
    installer from python.org, you should perhaps ask the pyserial folks.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
  • Manatee at Mar 21, 2011 at 2:06 am

    ?>The windows msi install fails saying there is no python install found
    ?>in the registry. Is there a workaround for this? Can I edit the
    ?>registry and manually enter the information?
    I've came to realize that the 64-bit version of python does not work
    with 32-bit modules in terms of the installer because the key doesn't
    exist. Just grab the 32-bit python and you're set with modules.
    Ok, great. Let me try that. Thanks.
  • Manatee at Mar 21, 2011 at 2:21 am

    ?>The windows msi install fails saying there is no python install found
    ?>in the registry. Is there a workaround for this? Can I edit the
    ?>registry and manually enter the information?
    I've came to realize that the 64-bit version of python does not work
    with 32-bit modules in terms of the installer because the key doesn't
    exist. Just grab the 32-bit python and you're set with modules.
    I installed python 2.71 32bit and reset the path environment variable;
    re-ran pyserial msi file and all is good in OZ. Thank you very much. I
    may just get this Python after all. :)

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedMar 21, '11 at 12:46a