Just wanted to learn more about python twisted and wanted to buy the
O'Reilly book.

However I noticed, that the book is from 2005.

Is this book still worth it or is there anything better to learn about
twisted.

I though about buying a paper book in order to be able to read in in
the train.

If there is however a reall nice online document, then I wouldn't
object of not buying a book at all.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Search Discussions

  • Daniel Mahoney at Mar 15, 2011 at 1:18 pm

    Just wanted to learn more about python twisted and wanted to buy the
    O'Reilly book.

    However I noticed, that the book is from 2005.

    Is this book still worth it or is there anything better to learn about
    twisted.

    I though about buying a paper book in order to be able to read in in the
    train.

    If there is however a reall nice online document, then I wouldn't object
    of not buying a book at all.

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions
    I bought and read that book a couple of years ago, and found that it
    didn't help me much. I came away with a very shaky understanding of
    Twisted's principles. I still am very shaky - I'd love to find some
    Twisted docs that will help the light bulb to go on, as Twisted seems
    like a very handy tool.
  • Gelonida at Mar 15, 2011 at 7:18 pm

    Just wanted to learn more about python twisted and wanted to buy the
    O'Reilly book.
    However I noticed, that the book is from 2005.
    Is this book still worth it or is there anything better to learn about
    twisted.
    I though about buying a paper book in order to be able to read in in the
    train.
    If there is however a reall nice online document, then I wouldn't object
    of not buying a book at all.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions
    I bought and read that book a couple of years ago, and found that it
    didn't help me much. I came away with a very shaky understanding of
    Twisted's principles. I still am very shaky - I'd love to find some
    Twisted docs that will help the light bulb to go on, as Twisted seems
    like a very handy tool.

    Thanks a lot for your answer.

    o it seems another book or some other documentation would be great.

    Does anyone have recommendations?
  • Nelle Varoquaux at Mar 15, 2011 at 7:31 pm
    Hi,

    The krondo blog is a good place to start : http://krondo.com/?page_id27
    It's a serie of 22 blogposts, introducing asynchronous programming and
    twisted.

    Cheers,
    Nelle