This is the error message I get when I try to run Pyhon on Vista:

unable to create user config directory
C:\Users\Jayneil\.idlerc
Check path and permissions.
Exiting!

So please help me out!.

Thank you.

Search Discussions

  • Andrea Crotti at Mar 1, 2011 at 5:07 pm

    Jayneil Dalal <jayneil.dalal at gmail.com> writes:

    This is the error message I get when I try to run Pyhon on Vista:

    unable to create user config directory
    C:\Users\Jayneil\.idlerc
    Check path and permissions.
    Exiting!

    So please help me out!.

    Thank you.
    Best solution would be to avoid Windows Vista.
    If that is not possible than you probably need to be administrator of
    your machine.

    Or at least who installed the program should have installed it for
    everyone.
    If you installed that I don't know how that thing could happen, but I'm
    windows-free since the last century...
  • Tom Zych at Mar 1, 2011 at 7:50 pm

    Andrea Crotti wrote:
    Best solution would be to avoid Windows Vista.
    s/Vista//

    There, fixed that for ya.