Hello world and the best wishes for 2011 for all of you !
i'm pleased to announce version 0.6 of JSONBOT, a release that saw
it's complete codebase refactored. Things have moved into their own
package, making it easier to distribute JSONBOT to the various OS
around. I even renamed the name of the distribution to "jsb", so use
the jsb-0.6.tar.gz or "easy_install jsb" to get this version of
So once again i need to ask existing users to upgrade their JSONBOT
install, see http://jsonbot.appspot.com/docs/html/handbook/UPGRADE.html
for instructions on how to do that.
Functionality of the bot is the same as 0.5.
For more information on JSONBOT, see http://jsonbot.googlecode.com or
join us on #dunkbots Freenode.
Bot documentation and demo is on http://jsonbot.appspot.com
I hope you enjoy this release of JSONBOT, i'm glad i can start working
on 0.7 ;]
JSONBOT is a remote event-driven framework for building bots that talk
to each other over XMPP.
This distribution provides bots built on this framework for console,
XMPP for the shell and WWW and XMPP for the Google Application engine.
JSONBOT is all of the following:
* a shell console bot
* a shell IRC bot
* a shell XMPP bot
* a Web bot running on Google Application Engine
* a XMPP bot running on Google Application Engine
* a Google Wave bot running op Google Application Engine
* the XMPP bots are used to communicate between bots
* plugin infrastructure to write your own functionality
* event driven framework by the use of callbacks