Hello there!

I downloaded python msi version for Windows from
http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5.4/ .At the bottom of the page
it is said that "The signatures above were generated with
GnuPG<http://www.gnupg.org/> using
release manager Martin v. L?wis's public
key<http://www.python.org/download#pubkeys> which
has a key id of 7D9DC8D2" according to this description I want to the page
http://www.python.org/download/#pubkeys and downloaded the file
http://www.dcl.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/people/loewis/mvl.asc and imported it into
gpg as below

D:\Python>gpg --import mvl.asc.txt
gpg: key 7D9DC8D2: "Martin v. L?wis <martin at v.loewis.de>" not changed

gpg: Total number processed: 1

gpg: unchanged: 1
And also I downloaded the Signature of python-2.5.4.msi from the download
page http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5.4/python-2.5.4.msi.asc
But when I try to verify the integrity of the downloaded
Python installation package as below

D:\Python>gpg --verify python-2.5.4.msi.asc
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: the signature could not be verified.
Please remember that the signature file (.sig or .asc)
should be the first file given on the command line

What am I doing wrong in this process?
Please help me!

Varuna