Hi all,

I have just released Shed Skin 0.7, an optimizing (restricted-)Python-to-C++
compiler. It comes with lots of minor fixes and some optimizations, a new
Windows package (which includes GCC 4.5), and two nice new examples, for a
total of 52 examples at around 14,000 lines (sloccount). Please see my blog
for the full announcement:

http://shed-skin.blogspot.com

Or go straight to the homepage:

http://shedskin.googlecode.com

Please have a look at the tutorial, try it out, and report issues at the
homepage.

Thanks,
Mark Dufour

Search Discussions

  • Python at Dec 16, 2010 at 2:20 pm
    Mark,

    Congratulations on your latest release!

    How well do python extension modules created with ShedSkin work
    with applications that expose a GUI, eg. Tkinter or wxPython
    apps?

    Can ShedSkin code be run in a thread and communicate with the
    main interpreter thread through a Queue or Lock? (Or should one
    use the multiprocessing module?)

    Thank you,
    Malcolm