--------- Mensaje reenviado --------
De: Eric Brunel <eric.brunel at pragmadev.nospam.com>
Para: python-list at python.org
Asunto: Re: Decorate un Frame with window managers title bar, etc en
Tkinter 8.5
Fecha: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:21:49 +0100
Grupos de noticias: comp.lang.python

In article <mailman.101.1291218554.2649.python-list at python.org>,
craf wrote:
Hi.

I use python 3.1 and Tkinter 8.5 in Ubuntu 9.10

I would like to turn a frame into a toolbox,
,and for that I read that you can use the command wm manage (window)

The information can be found at:
http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/TkCmd/wm.htm#M39

the explanation says:

wm manage widget:
The widget specified will become a stand alone top-level window.
The window will be decorated with the window managers title bar,
etc. Only frame, labelframe and toplevel widgets can be used
with this command. Attempting to pass any other widget type will
raise an error. Attempting to manage a toplevel widget is benign
and achieves nothing. See also GEOMETRY MANAGEMENT.

I have tried to use it in Tkinter but I can not know how is its
structure.

In Tkinter should be:

---TEST CODE-------------------

from Tkinter import

master = Tk()
frame = Frame(master)
wm_manager(Frame)
master.mainloop()

--------------------------------

But this does not work.
If your version of Tkinter supports it, then the correct syntax is:
frame.wm_manage()
Please note you have to call it on the Frame instance (the one you named
frame), and not on Frame with a big F which is the class.

If it says the method doesn't exist (AttributeError raised on the line
frame.wm_manage()), you can also try to do it at tcl/tk level with the
line:
master.tk.call('wm', 'manage', frame)
I appreciate any of this item
HTH