error: Could not find suitable distribution for
Requirement.parse('uTidylib')

Search Discussions

  • Sridhar Ratnakumar at Nov 23, 2010 at 12:43 am

    On 2010-11-22, at 4:22 PM, goldtech wrote:

    I'm using activepython 2.6 on XP. I am trying to install uTidylib 0.2
    with easy_install. I like uTidylib more vs. newer modules.and want to
    use it. I get output below. How do I install it? I do see it in
    http://pypi.python.org/simple/uTidylib/

    Thanks.

    C:\Documents and Settings\user1>easy_install uTidylib
    install_dir C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\
    Searching for uTidylib
    Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/uTidylib/
    Reading http://utidylib.sf.net
    No local packages or download links found for uTidylib
    error: Could not find suitable distribution for
    Requirement.parse('uTidylib')
    You could try using the Windows installer (uTidylib-0.2.1.win32.exe) from:
    http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id10

    And perhaps also let Cory Dodt know that his 6-year old package entry has broken download link in it
    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/uTidylib/

    There is not even a source release for 0.2.1. I'd be more than happy to make this available in PyPM <http://code.activestate.com/pypm/utidylib/> once I can find at least the source release of 0.2.1

    -srid

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedNov 23, '10 at 12:22a
activeNov 23, '10 at 12:43a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Goldtech: 1 post Sridhar Ratnakumar: 1 post