I'm looking for an audio library for Python. I googled and found a
few, but none of them seem to have a simple way to play a particular
sound file from a particular start-time to an end-time. Like, I'd want
to load a file and say "Play the section of this file from 10.25 seconds
to 11.73 seconds." Is there a library that makes this easy in Python?

--OKB (not okblacke)
Brendan Barnwell
no path, and leave a trail."
--author unknown

Search Discussions

  • Thomas Jollans at Sep 23, 2010 at 3:52 pm

    On Wednesday 22 September 2010, it occurred to OKB (not okblacke) to exclaim:
    I'm looking for an audio library for Python. I googled and found a
    few, but none of them seem to have a simple way to play a particular
    sound file from a particular start-time to an end-time. Like, I'd want
    to load a file and say "Play the section of this file from 10.25 seconds
    to 11.73 seconds." Is there a library that makes this easy in Python?
    platform?
  • Burton Samograd at Sep 23, 2010 at 4:16 pm

    "OKB (not okblacke)" <brenNOSPAMbarn at NObrenSPAMbarn.net> writes:
    I'm looking for an audio library for Python. I googled and found a
    few, but none of them seem to have a simple way to play a particular
    sound file from a particular start-time to an end-time. Like, I'd want
    to load a file and say "Play the section of this file from 10.25 seconds
    to 11.73 seconds." Is there a library that makes this easy in Python?
    You might want to check out this question on StackOverflow:

    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/108848/python-music-library

    --
    Burton Samograd
  • OKB (not okblacke) at Sep 25, 2010 at 5:58 am

    Thomas Jollans wrote:

    On Wednesday 22 September 2010, it occurred to OKB (not okblacke)
    to exclaim:
    I'm looking for an audio library for Python. I googled
    and found a
    few, but none of them seem to have a simple way to play a
    particular sound file from a particular start-time to an end-time.
    Like, I'd want to load a file and say "Play the section of this
    file from 10.25 seconds to 11.73 seconds." Is there a library
    that makes this easy in Python?
    platform?
    Windows XP.

    --