I am brand new Python and need to connect to a MySQL DB. The books I
have been using are all Python 3 so I'd like to stick with what I
know. Does anyone know if there is a library out there for connecting
to MySQL with Python 3? If not, does anyone have any info on when
MySQLdb may be ported?

Thanks!!!

Search Discussions

  • Rami Chowdhury at Jul 16, 2010 at 4:48 am

    I am brand new Python and need to connect to a MySQL DB. The books I
    have been using are all Python 3 so I'd like to stick with what I
    know. Does anyone know if there is a library out there for connecting
    to MySQL with Python 3?
    I believe OurSQL supports Python 3.x -- http://packages.python.org/oursql/

    HTH,
    Rami

    -------------
    Rami Chowdhury
    "Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice." -- Hanlon's Razor
    408-597-7068 (US) / 07875-841-046 (UK) / 0189-245544 (BD)

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJul 16, '10 at 2:53a
activeJul 16, '10 at 4:48a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Fuglyducky: 1 post Rami Chowdhury: 1 post