I am building from the source and installing Python on my machine.

I added these tests failed:

test_doctest
test_httpservers
test_logging

But I moved the Python installation folder on another directory and
the failed tests vanished when I tried again. The difference? The new
directory does not have any accented characters in its name while the
other one was having one.

Should I flag this has a bug?

I am installing Python 2.6.5. I am running OpenSuse 11.2 AMD64.

Search Discussions

  • Thomas Jollans at Jul 6, 2010 at 9:37 pm

    I am building from the source and installing Python on my machine.

    I added these tests failed:

    test_doctest
    test_httpservers
    test_logging

    But I moved the Python installation folder on another directory and
    the failed tests vanished when I tried again. The difference? The new
    directory does not have any accented characters in its name while the
    other one was having one.

    Should I flag this has a bug?

    I am installing Python 2.6.5. I am running OpenSuse 11.2 AMD64.
    Before filing a bug, best test it with Python 2.7 (just released), 3.1,
    and, if possible, py3k trunk.

    I just tried to reproduce this with a current py3k checkout, where it
    worked. Probably not an issue in Python 3.x due to the changed unicode
    handling, but it might be a bug that has been fixed since 2.6.
  • Pierre Thibault at Jul 7, 2010 at 12:39 am

    Before filing a bug, best test it with Python 2.7 (just released), 3.1,
    and, if possible, py3k trunk.

    I just tried to reproduce this with a current py3k checkout, where it
    worked. Probably not an issue in Python 3.x due to the changed unicode
    handling, but it might be a bug that has been fixed since 2.6.
    I've tested with the version 2.7 and the issue is gone.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJul 6, '10 at 9:17p
activeJul 7, '10 at 12:39a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Pierre Thibault: 2 posts Thomas Jollans: 1 post