I'm extremely pleased to announce the release of Pyro 4.0!
This is the first official release of the new incarnation of Pyro.
What is Pyro?
PYthon Remote Objects provides a very easy way of remote communication
between python objects somewhere in a network. It enables you to do
remote method calls on objects as if they were normal local objects.
Objects can be located by a direct identifier or indirectly by logical,
humanly-readable names that are managed in a name server.
Pyro is designed to be simple (but powerful) so it's only a manner of
adding a few lines of code to ignite your objects.
Simple example: http://www.razorvine.net/python/Pyro/Example
The most important changes compared to Pyro 3.x are:
- total rewrite, API similar but not backward compatible
- simpler & faster & better
- some features have been removed for the sake of the above
- Python 3.x compatible! (separate download for now)
- requires Python 2.5+, works with jython and ironpython (recent versions)
- large amount of unit tests
- many rewritten examples
- no manual yet, but the ideas are similar to Pyro 3.x, so look there for now
Website & Download
Detailed info here: http://www.razorvine.net/python/Pyro
(a page about migration from Pyro 3.x is included)
Download Pyro 4.0 here: http://www.xs4all.nl/~irmen/pyro4/download/
License: MIT software license.
Irmen de Jong