On behalf of the Python development team, I'm elated to announce the second beta
release of Python 2.7.

Python 2.7 is scheduled (by Guido and Python-dev) to be the last major version
in the 2.x series. 2.7 will have an extended period of bugfix maintenance.

2.7 includes many features that were first released in Python 3.1. The faster
io module, the new nested with statement syntax, improved float repr, set
literals, dictionary views, and the memoryview object have been backported from
3.1. Other features include an ordered dictionary implementation, unittests
improvements, a new sysconfig module, and support for ttk Tile in Tkinter. For
a more extensive list of changes in 2.7, see
http://doc.python.org/dev/whatsnew/2.7.html or Misc/NEWS in the Python
distribution.

To download Python 2.7 visit:

http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/

While this is a development release and is thus not suitable for production use,
we encourage Python application and library developers to test the release with
their code and report any bugs they encounter to:

http://bugs.python.org/

2.7 documentation can be found at:

http://docs.python.org/2.7/

Enjoy!

--
Benjamin Peterson
2.7 Release Manager
benjamin at python.org
(on behalf of the entire python-dev team and 2.7's contributors)

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedMay 8, '10 at 6:56p
activeMay 8, '10 at 6:56p