Hi!

I need to replace an app that does number crunching over a local
network.
it have about 50 computers as slaves
each computer needs to run COM that will do the "job"
right now the system uses MFC threads and DCOM to distribute the load.

as i said, Now i'm trying to replace this system with python.
I already use win32all and read about Pareller Python and Pyro.

a requirement is that messages can be sent to the remote worker.

If anyone can share experience I'll love to hear

Many Thanks,
Yoav Glazner

Search Discussions

  • Jon Clements at Mar 24, 2010 at 6:13 pm

    I need to replace an app that does number crunching over a local
    network.
    it have about 50 computers as slaves
    each computer needs to run COM that will do the "job"
    right now the system uses MFC threads and DCOM to distribute the load.

    as i said, Now i'm trying to replace this system with python.
    I already use win32all and read about Pareller Python and Pyro.

    a requirement is that messages can be sent to the remote worker.

    If anyone can share experience I'll love to hear

    Many Thanks,
    Yoav Glazner
    Would Celery suit? http://celeryproject.org/

    hth

    Jon.
  • Shashwat Anand at Mar 24, 2010 at 6:17 pm
    have you checked hadoop ?