Hello,

I am still learning python, thus developnig small scripts.

Some of them consist only of the main module. While testing them
(debugging) I sometimes want to stop the script at a certain point,
with something like stop, break, end or something similar.

What statement can I use?

Vicente Soler

Search Discussions

  • Mark Lawrence at Mar 14, 2010 at 11:53 am

    vsoler wrote:
    Hello,

    I am still learning python, thus developnig small scripts.

    Some of them consist only of the main module. While testing them
    (debugging) I sometimes want to stop the script at a certain point,
    with something like stop, break, end or something similar.

    What statement can I use?

    Vicente Soler
    Something like
    import sys
    sys.exit()?

    HTH.

    Mark Lawrence
  • Steve Holden at Mar 14, 2010 at 1:07 pm

    Mark Lawrence wrote:
    vsoler wrote:
    Hello,

    I am still learning python, thus developnig small scripts.

    Some of them consist only of the main module. While testing them
    (debugging) I sometimes want to stop the script at a certain point,
    with something like stop, break, end or something similar.

    What statement can I use?

    Vicente Soler
    Something like
    import sys
    sys.exit()?

    HTH.
    I think it's less than likely that it will help, since once sys.exit()
    is called the program is no longer available for inspection.

    The OP is probably looking for the "pdb" module in the standard library.
    The documentation is good enough to get you started.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
    See PyCon Talks from Atlanta 2010 http://pycon.blip.tv/