Hi

here is my problem.

i want to install a program through python script. The python scripts
is called from a batch file. The UAC control is not allowing the
python script to install a msi (installer). I need to somehow by pass
the UAC control. i dont want to turn it off permanently. Once i have
run the batch file, i do not interact with the system manually,
therefore Clicking allow on UAC dialog is not the solution for me.

i just want to achieve the goal, whether i run batch file in Admin
mode, or do it form python, doesnt matter.
any ideas?

//Rizwan

Search Discussions

  • Michel Claveau - MVP at Mar 12, 2010 at 6:32 am
    Hi !

    Install a resident soff (script) by task-planified, in Administrator
    rights. Then, call this script from current work, for bypass UAC.

    @-salutations
    --
    Michel Claveau
  • Rizwanahmed24 at Mar 12, 2010 at 9:00 am

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedMar 11, '10 at 4:28p
activeMar 12, '10 at 9:00a