I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.8 and downloaded 2.6.4 Mac Installer Disk Image
as/in(?) the sys admin user. For this user Pyhton 2.6.4 is now the
current version.
I want to use Python outside the sys asdmin user. However, all other
users still use Python 2.5.1 (Apple delivered).

The sys admin user looks in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/
Versions/2.6/lib/...
The other users look in /System/Library/Frameworks/
Python.framework/Version/2.5/lib/...

I could not find any questions on this matter, so am I the only one?
Did I do something wrong?
I assumed the paths for all users would be modified - too easy?

Search Discussions

  • BobAalsma at Mar 9, 2010 at 11:23 am

    I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.8 and downloaded 2.6.4 Mac Installer Disk Image
    as/in(?) the sys admin user. For this user Pyhton 2.6.4 is now the
    current version.
    I want to use Python outside the sys asdmin user. However, all other
    users still use Python 2.5.1 (Apple delivered).

    The sys admin user looks in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/
    Versions/2.6/lib/...
    The other users look in ? ? ? ?/System/Library/Frameworks/
    Python.framework/Version/2.5/lib/...

    I could not find any questions on this matter, so am I the only one?
    Did I do something wrong?
    I assumed the paths for all users would be modified - too easy?
    OK, sorry, found out.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedMar 8, '10 at 7:15p