I am trying to compile python with Tk bindings. Do I need to do
anything special for python to detect and enable Tk?

This is mainly for matplotlib's TkAgg. It seems my compiled version of
python isn't finding the module _tkagg

Search Discussions

  • Diez B. Roggisch at Feb 24, 2010 at 9:50 pm

    I am trying to compile python with Tk bindings. Do I need to do
    anything special for python to detect and enable Tk?
    What OS? What does the configure/build process say?

    Diez
  • Mag Gam at Feb 25, 2010 at 12:55 am
    sorry for the vague answer.

    Its Linux.

    The configure build does not say anything actually. This is for SAGE.
    I managed to have it pick it up by compiling/installing tcl and tk and
    then recompile python

    I am trying to compile python with Tk bindings. Do I need to do
    anything special for python to detect and enable Tk?
    What OS? What does the configure/build process say?

    Diez
  • Diez B. Roggisch at Feb 25, 2010 at 10:28 pm

    The configure build does not say anything actually. This is for SAGE.
    I managed to have it pick it up by compiling/installing tcl and tk and
    then recompile python
    Then most probably installing the tk-dev packages would have been
    sufficient.

    diez

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedFeb 24, '10 at 2:00a
activeFeb 25, '10 at 10:28p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Diez B. Roggisch: 2 posts Mag Gam: 2 posts