In Win7 IDLE, when I type in something with a syntax problem, a bell
rings. How do I stop that? I've looked at Control Panel Sounds, but
don't see anything of apparent use.

Search Discussions

  • Rantingrick at Feb 19, 2010 at 3:26 am

    In Win7 IDLE, when I type in something with a syntax problem, a bell
    rings. How do I stop that? I've looked at Control Panel Sounds, but
    don't see anything of apparent use.
    Monkey Patch Said: """ Turn off your speakers"""
  • MRAB at Feb 19, 2010 at 3:57 am

    rantingrick wrote:
    In Win7 IDLE, when I type in something with a syntax problem, a bell
    rings. How do I stop that? I've looked at Control Panel Sounds, but
    don't see anything of apparent use.
    Monkey Patch Said: """ Turn off your speakers"""
    But what if you like to listen to music while programming?

    Look in the folder <pythonfolder>\Lib\idlelib for a file called
    "config-extensions.def". In it is a line:

    bell=1

    Change that to:

    bell=0

    Save the file and restart IDLE.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedFeb 19, '10 at 12:10a
activeFeb 19, '10 at 3:57a
websitepython.org

3 users in discussion

MRAB: 1 post Rantingrick: 1 post W. eWatson: 1 post