Quickly, I have a Mac Intel with Windows XP installed. Tried installing
Python 2.6.4 from the binary and also ActivePython 2.6.4.10. Both
installations acted the same. There seemed to be no problems during
installation (used default options), but when I try to run Python I get
an error message: "This application has failed to start because the
application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application
may fix this problem."

Of course I searched on that error and it seems to be related to a MS
library. In a few different places it was recommended to install the MS
Visual Studio redistributable package, which I did with no change in
outcome. I really have no idea what to do.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Cory

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Sridhar Ratnakumar at Feb 22, 2010 at 6:53 pm
    Have you tried using http://dependencywalker.com/ ?

    -srid