I'm not quite familiar with python serialization but the picle module,
at least, doesn't seem to be able to serialize a ctypes Structure with
array-fields. Even if it was, the ASCII file produced is not in a
human-friendly format.

Could someone please suggest a method of saving and loading the fields
in ctypes' Structure derived class to a json or better yet, to
something like INFO
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_41_0/doc/html/boost_propertytree/parsers.html#boost_propertytree.parsers.info_parser

For example, I have an object of
class MyStruct(Structure):
... _fields_ = [("a", c_int),
... ("b", c_float),
... ("point_array", c_float * 4)]

I'd like the corresponding file to look like

a 1
b 1.0
point array 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4

Thanks

Search Discussions

  • Rych at Feb 8, 2010 at 8:38 am
    OK, an easier question, hopefully.
    How to unpack all fields from ctypes Structure line by line and save
    into the name-value pairs?
  • Lawrence D'Oliveiro at Feb 9, 2010 at 5:43 am
    In message <615b1271-a9b0-4558-8e45-
    e4370698d96a at a16g2000pre.googlegroups.com>, rych wrote:
    I'm not quite familiar with python serialization but the picle module,
    at least, doesn't seem to be able to serialize a ctypes Structure with
    array-fields.
    Remember that a ctypes structure is supposed to represent a lower-language-
    level structure, which is just a block of bytes. Those bytes are the
    serialization.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedFeb 7, '10 at 10:06a
activeFeb 9, '10 at 5:43a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Rych: 2 posts Lawrence D'Oliveiro: 1 post