Hi;
I'd like to import "urllib2" in windows python 3.1.1, but I'm not able to
do it.
So, I researched the library directory; the result is following:

2009/06/07 19:11 61,749 unittest.py
2010/01/01 22:18 <DIR> urllib
2007/12/06 09:48 6,318 uu.py
2008/11/30 20:40 21,534 uuid.py

Although it has "urllib", it doesn't have "urllib2". I guess to download
and install the module. But I can't find "urllib2" module for windows
with google.

I wonder if it would be possible for me to give the location?

Search Discussions

  • Duncan Booth at Jan 1, 2010 at 1:57 pm

    Hidekazu IWAKI wrote:

    Hi;
    I'd like to import "urllib2" in windows python 3.1.1, but I'm not able to
    do it.
    Python 3 doesn't have a urllib2 module; use the urllib package instead.

    See http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3108/#urllib-package
  • IWAKI, Hidekazu at Jan 1, 2010 at 2:19 pm
    Python 3 doesn't have a urllib2 module; use the urllib package instead.
    Thank you for your answer and the link.
    Oh, sorry. It was one of the changes from .2.x to 3.x. I didn't know.
    There are really important and a lot of changes.

    Thank you!

    On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Duncan Booth