I'm using Python 2.6.4 on Windows (Vista & 7)

I usually start Python by clicking on Start Menu the Python IDLE
(Python GUI).

However, if I want to save a new source *.py file, the default
directory proposed for saving is not the one that I want.

What can I do if I want that the change of default directory
permanently, that is, if I quit python and I reenter it, the default
is still the one I have chosen?

Thank you for your help.

Vicente Soler

Search Discussions

  • Tim Golden at Dec 22, 2009 at 5:15 pm

    vsoler wrote:
    I'm using Python 2.6.4 on Windows (Vista & 7)

    I usually start Python by clicking on Start Menu the Python IDLE
    (Python GUI).

    However, if I want to save a new source *.py file, the default
    directory proposed for saving is not the one that I want.

    What can I do if I want that the change of default directory
    permanently, that is, if I quit python and I reenter it, the default
    is still the one I have chosen?
    Change the working directory in the shortcut?

    TJG
  • Gabriel Genellina at Dec 22, 2009 at 5:22 pm
    En Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:04:23 -0300, vsoler <vicente.soler at gmail.com>
    escribi?:
    I'm using Python 2.6.4 on Windows (Vista & 7)

    I usually start Python by clicking on Start Menu the Python IDLE
    (Python GUI).

    However, if I want to save a new source *.py file, the default
    directory proposed for saving is not the one that I want.

    What can I do if I want that the change of default directory
    permanently, that is, if I quit python and I reenter it, the default
    is still the one I have chosen?
    Right click on the IDLE shortcut in the Start menu (or create a new
    shortcut on your desktop), choose Properties, and set the Startup
    Directory to your preferred directory.

    --
    Gabriel Genellina
  • Vsoler at Dec 22, 2009 at 5:49 pm

    I'm using Python 2.6.4 on Windows (Vista & 7)
    I usually start Python by clicking on Start Menu the Python IDLE
    (Python GUI).
    However, if I want to save a new source *.py file, the default
    directory proposed for saving is not the one that I want.
    What can I do if I want that the change of default directory
    permanently, that is, if I quit python and I reenter it, the default
    is still the one I have chosen?
    Right click on the IDLE shortcut in the Start menu (or create a new ?
    shortcut on your desktop), choose Properties, and set the Startup ?
    Directory to your preferred directory.

    --
    Gabriel Genellina
    I'll try it! Thank you