Hello everyone,

I am having problems with the platform module when being run from a
frozen program (py2exe). It imports it fine, but it gives me the
following error :

'module' object does not contain attribute 'platform' when I do this :

platform.platfom()

Does platform have a problem with being called when in a frozen program
or does it do some stuff behind the scenes that py2exe doesn't pickup?

Thank you,
Gabriel

Search Discussions

  • Dave Angel at Dec 16, 2009 at 3:07 pm

    Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
    everyone,

    I am having problems with the platform module when being run from a
    frozen program (py2exe). It imports it fine, but it gives me the
    following error :

    'module' object does not contain attribute 'platform' when I do this :

    platform.platfom()

    Does platform have a problem with being called when in a frozen
    program or does it do some stuff behind the scenes that py2exe doesn't
    pickup?

    Thank you,
    Gabriel

    Chances are that there is another module "platform" which is being
    picked up instead of the one in the library. Have you tried printing
    platform.__file__ ??

    If it's getting the wrong one, you probably have a search-order problem.

    DaveA

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedDec 16, '09 at 12:42p
activeDec 16, '09 at 3:07p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Gabriel Rossetti: 1 post Dave Angel: 1 post