I have python successfully embedded in a program I wrote.

What files do I need and where do I need to put them so that it can
run on systems that don't have python installed?

Search Discussions

  • Stef Mientki at Oct 27, 2009 at 10:31 pm

    KillSwitch wrote:
    I have python successfully embedded in a program I wrote.

    What files do I need and where do I need to put them so that it can
    run on systems that don't have python installed?
    I embed python in Delphi apps, and the only thing I add is python24.dll,
    which I put in the same directory as the Delphi executable,
    (but i you want a less clean install, you can put the dll also in the
    windows directory)

    cheers,
    Stef
  • Gabriel Genellina at Oct 28, 2009 at 12:43 am
    En Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:31:45 -0300, Stef Mientki <stef.mientki at gmail.com>
    escribi?:
    KillSwitch wrote:
    I have python successfully embedded in a program I wrote.
    What files do I need and where do I need to put them so that it can
    run on systems that don't have python installed?
    I embed python in Delphi apps, and the only thing I add is python24.dll,
    which I put in the same directory as the Delphi executable,
    (but i you want a less clean install, you can put the dll also in the
    windows directory)
    In addition to that DLL, include as much of the standard library as you
    want in a 'Lib' subdirectory (at least os.py; it is used by the
    initialization code to determine the standard library location). Or
    nothing.

    --
    Gabriel Genellina
  • Stef Mientki at Oct 27, 2009 at 10:32 pm

    KillSwitch wrote:
    I have python successfully embedded in a program I wrote.

    What files do I need and where do I need to put them so that it can
    run on systems that don't have python installed?
    I embed python in Delphi apps, and the only thing I add is python24.dll,
    which I put in the same directory as the Delphi executable,
    (but if you want a less clean install, you can put the dll also in the
    windows directory)

    cheers,
    Stef

grouppython-list @